Wednesday, February 13, 2008

White tee, no bra and it's freezing!

I wasn't sure who was more embarrassed me or the police officers....
So, it was a first for me. Someone called the cops. Yep. They came; they banged on the doors... of which I ignored the first three times. I know! Really what was I thinking?!

Unfortunately it was not due to some wild sex, crazy- out of control party, or domestic disturbance. It was the run of the mill "my child just dialed 911".
So my baby boy has learned how to use the telephone. Of course the first real call he makes is to the popo. Of course I do not notice that he actually dialed it because I am too interested in my MTV show and have locked my bedroom door because my husband is in the basement running on the treadmill with the surround sound on. I did hear the pounding and just assumed that my husband decided to do a little more work on finishing the basement (not unusual even at 11 pm).

I did not even check on the noise until after the third and potential door breaking pound. I went to the door, in my PJ's, a little freaked out now because I still have no idea why they are here. Maybe there was a meth house bust down the road... I don't know!

Police officer says, "Can I come inside?"

Me, "Uh, yeah."

PO, “We got a 911 call from this residence."

Me, "Oh! Huh, Jackson... come here!"
Jackson runs to the stairs and is all smiles. "I guess that he called."

PO, (now looking at the floor, because, like I said, I am wearing my Pj's and the top happens to be a white tee and it was freezing with the door open, can I paint a better picture?!) " Yeah, Okay, try to teach him not to call 911."

Me, "Uh,Okay. You need to see anything else?" (and yes I really did say that because the pounding of the surround sound bass and the treadmill were pretty loud.)

PO, " NO! Uh, you have a good night." And he hustled out the door.

So here is the thing, what if I was a total crazy torturing someone in my basement? All I would have to do is show a little nipple and embarrass the cop into not asking any questions? I mean, really?

Turned out to be an eventful night at my house!

1 comment:

xxxx said...

HA HA HA HA. I love that he's all, teach him not to call 911. He's ONE!!! HA HA. I TOTALLY thought it was Mia at first ... oh, that Jackson is a smartie.