Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Senior totally asked me to dance!!!

So I like, totally went to the mini youth conference yesterday. It was sooo much fun! It was totally spiritual and stuff. The dance was the best part though! I mean this guy, he was totally a senior. How do I know? Because, like his shirt said so ("Senior '08"). Anyway, he totally asked me to dance!

Okay now seriously, I am 31 years old. I have four children. The oldest is starting middle school next year. I have no illusions about my age and I try to act it, most of the time. So it surprised me as much as anyone else that a boy almost half my age asked me to dance. I don't know what to say...It's flattering... but at the same time frightning. I was the freakin' chaparone!! I was out there with the girls and trying to convince them to branch out and find someone to dance with and all of the sudden I'm Mrs. Robinson!

So, what did I say?! HA! I took his shoulder.... and the young woman's next to me and said, "No! But she can". So today I took some teasing from the parents of the youth that were there... what can you do?

Now, I still am not sure what the deal was. Is he a chubby chaser? Was it a bet? Does he need a good eye exam? I am not sure... but it sure did wonders for a soccer mom's self esteem.

1 comment:

Phil G. said...

Ha Ha. No Kidding? Reminds me of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".