Friday, August 8, 2008

A fond farewell to my favorite show... until next time!


So last night was the end... ant least until next summer. Oh, how I love "So You Think You Can Dance". It is such an amazing show. There is all this attention on artists that are rarely recognized. American Idol is all about the singers... which is fine... but this is so great because you not only spotlight the amazing dancers and their crazy talent, but you also get to spotlight the wicked awesome choreographers. It makes household names of these artists that have previously been unrecognized. I also think it is great because it can really spotlight a song that I would never take notice of. Whether it be an unknown artist or a very popular artist that I would normally stay away from. I just love it.
So here is a really fun article on ew.com that runs through their favorites from the last 4 seasons. It is a good place to start for those that have never seen it... but you should see the group routines...AMAZING!! (You will have to cut and paste to your browser... since I cannot figure out how to make a link, yet)
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20217423,00.html?iid=top25-20080808-%27SYTYCD%27%3A+15+greatest+routines

This are two of my favorites that did not make the ew list.. so I thought I would paste it here... enjoy!
The first is a Shane Sparks routine (missed him this year) for the top 16 of the second season. Music is classic!!


The next is another Shane Sparks routine to Neyo (I would have never listened to this... but it is now on my ipod because of this dance) Allison and Ivan from the second season were so fun in this.

4 comments:

Neil Sharp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whetton Family said...

Hey I am with you! I absolutely LOVE LOVE this show! I make sure and have time pushed aside for it!
I sure do miss having you and your cute little fam in the ward.

xxxx said...

Whatever, Neil, Mary Murphy ROCKS!

OK. I am making a rare comment to tell you that you NEED TO POST! There is soooo much to blog about there. Do it, do it.

I miss you THIS MUCH!!!!!!

Twisted Sweeties said...
This comment has been removed by the author.