Friday, December 14, 2007

Last Adventure

One of my favorite things to do in life is to get photos developed. I know that in a technical world that we live in... I can have that instant gratification in just taking the photo that I want and have it printed immediately. Which is all well and good... but there is something about having those old school photos developed that is better than opening presents... because it is re-opening memories. I know cheesy. But I love it.
I like to carry around with me disposable cameras so that I do not feel so bad if I lose that one and so I always have a camera handy. So I have had some disposable cameras floating around my counter for... years (that's why it is so fun, I never know what I will get!). I finally decide to get a few developed. One roll turns out to be my daughters 5th grade camp photos... only a few months old, not bad. The next roll is from the first day of school... 2006. Alrighty, I am not that on top of things. But at least I have them for the scrapbook that I will someday make, HA. The last group of photos is a bunch of random photos of some birthdays, some school functions, and this...

Okay.. so I had no intention of this being the first photo that I would publish on my blog.. but here it is. It is crazy because my husband and I can only vaguely remember taking this. I remember him saying, "look at that there is something down there."

... and me saying something like, "there is no way in Hell I am crawling on the ground in front of the school to check out a dead animal". So I just gave him the disposable camera. We have taken a family survey as to what kind of animal that it is (yes, the 5 year old had the strongest opinion and the eight year old wanna be vegetarian is sufficiently scarred!). Our opinion is divided between a Chihuahua and some sort of rabbit. Gross! I Know! So how do you think it got there? What is the possible story of this sad animal's last adventure?

1 comment:

xxxx said...

I think it wanted to know why the chicken crossed the road and decided to see for itself.

That picture is SICK! Ha!