Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yep... It has been forever!

Alrighty... so I haven't posted... in a very long time! So my New Years resolution ( as long as I am not to late for that!) is to blog at least once a week. That said, I think that I will talk about this Private school that I am being pressured into putting my children in. Really... High pressure sales tactics. Calling me everyday pressure.
Okay, this is the story. My family is relocating to a tiny (10,000 people, tiny) town in the Midwest. Now this is a long story in and of itself... maybe later on that! This small town is really quite nice. There are many amenities considering the size, one of them is a private Christian school. Let me say I have absolutely nothing against Christian schools... we happen to be of a Christian faith... but I am not sure I love the idea of mixing church and school just yet. Preachy and judgemental are not the life lessons I want my elementary school aged kids to get as they approach middle and high school. The other issue that I have is that the place looks like a complete compound! WACO style compound, as my friend Swishy says. Seriously, the tin roof building is frightening. Plus I have to pay a considerable amount of money to send my kids there. So how do I tell these nice people that I do not want to attend their school? We go this weekend for a tour of the schools. Pray for me, on second thought... don't!

No comments: